My gladioli have started flowering so I have been tempted to paint them. I have not been satisfied with earlier attempts. This time: well its a bit nearer where I want to be. I started with a simpler background – though I complicated it towards the end. Also focusing in on a few blooms helped. There may be more attempts, though the winds and the rain have taken their toll on the flowers. Still, at least the lawn looks a little healthier.
In my effort to build up a few more flower paintings I decided to have a go at the gladioli I planted in one of my flower borders . There may be a bit too much red, but I was trying to get a hot border with lots of reds and oranges so this looks like a military parade.